Try these roasted rutabaga sticks alongside steak, roasted chicken, or even as a rustic holiday side dish.
Garlic-Parmesan Roasted Rutabaga
Makes 4 Servings
- 2 medium rutabagas (about 1½ to 2 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Garnish: grated Parmesan cheese, flaked sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425°. Heat 2 foil-lined rimmed baking sheets in oven until hot, about 15 minutes.
- Rinse, peel, and cut rutabagas lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick sticks.
- In a large bowl, combine rutabagas, 2 tablespoons oil, salt, and pepper, tossing until well combined. Carefully spread rutabagas on heated baking sheets.
- Bake until rutabagas are golden brown and tender, 30 to 40 minutes, stirring and rotating pans once halfway through baking. Combine rutabagas on one pan.
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook until fragrant and softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour garlic mixture over rutabagas; sprinkle with cheese and chives, tossing until well combined. Garnish with additional cheese and sea salt, if desired.