Double this beautifully fragrant recipe to enjoy with any meal.
Garlic & Herb Rice
Makes 6 to 8 Servings
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup minced garlic
- 6 cups Carolina Gold rice, cooked according to package directions
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1¾ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: chopped fresh chives, chopped fresh thyme
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat until bubbly. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon, until golden, 2 to 5 minutes, scraping any garlic that sticks to bottom of pan. Add cooked rice, thyme, and chives; cook, stirring frequently, until rice is heated through, 2 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Garnish with chives and thyme, if desired. Serve immediately.