These are the Holy Grail of brownies: unbelievably moist with a salty crunch.
Fudgy Peanut Brownies
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup coarsely chopped salted peanuts
- Garnish: flaked sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line an 8×8-inch metal baking pan with parchment paper, allowing ends to extend over sides of pan.
- In the top of a double boiler over simmering water, melt butter and unsweetened chocolate, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Whisk in sugar and vanilla until blended. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Using a spoon, stir flour mixture into butter mixture. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs, 30 to 35 minutes. (Do not overbake.) Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, place bittersweet chocolate. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat cream just until boiling, 45 to 60 seconds. Pour cream over bittersweet chocolate, and let stand for 1 minute. Stir with a whisk until smooth. Evenly spread ganache over brownies. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, until set, about 1 hour. Using excess parchment as handles, remove brownies from pan and cut into bars. Garnish with salt, if desired.