Perfect as a gift or with your coffee, these Fruitcake Biscotti are a sweet and crunchy Christmas treat!
Baking tip: Dust your hands with flour to make working with the biscotti dough easier.
Yield: approximately 2 dozen biscotti
Write a review
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mixed candied fruit
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugars, and salt at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating at medium-low speed just until combined. Stir in pistachios and candied fruit. (Dough will be sticky.)
- Shape dough into a 12x4-inch rectangle. Place on prepared pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool 30 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut diagonally into 3⁄4-inch- thick slices. Return slices to prepared pan. Reduce oven to 300°.
- Bake until lightly browned, approximately 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container up to 1 week, or freeze in heavy-duty resealable plastic bags up to 2 months. (Do not refrigerate.)
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/