Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Pie
Write a review
- 1 cup graham-cracker crumbs
- 1 cup ground pretzels
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2½ cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) container vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- Garnish: fresh strawberries and fresh thyme
- Spray a 10-inch springform pan with nonstick baking spray with flour. Line the bottom with parchment paper, and spray again. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine graham-cracker crumbs, pretzels, and 1 cup sugar. Add butter, stirring to combine. Press mixture into the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan in freezer while you prepare filling.
- Meanwhile, in the work bowl of a food processor, combine strawberries, remaining 1 cup sugar, and thyme. Pulse until smooth.
- In another large bowl, beat cream cheese at high speed with an electric mixer until creamy, approximately 3 minutes. Add yogurt and confectioners’ sugar, beating until smooth. Add strawberry mixture to yogurt mixture, beating to combine. Add whipped topping, and beat until mixture is smooth.
- Spoon mixture into prepared crust. Freeze for 4 hours. Cover with plastic wrap, and store in freezer for up to 1 week.
- Garnish with strawberries and thyme, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/