Frozen Key Lime Pie made with fresh Key lime juice and a gingersnap crust.
Frozen Key Lime Pie
Yield: 1 (10-inch) deep-dish pie
Write a review
- 2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- ¼ cup Key lime zest
- ½ cup fresh Key lime juice
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed confectioners’ sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) container vanilla-flavored Greek yogurt
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed
- Garnish: lime zest
- In a large bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs and sugar. Add melted butter,
- stirring to combine. Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a (10-inch) deep-dish pie plate; place in freezer.
- While crust chills, in a medium bowl, whisk together cream of coconut and lime zest and juice.
- In another large bowl, beat cream cheese at high speed with an electric mixer until creamy, approximately 3 minutes. Add confectioners' sugar and yogurt, beating until smooth. Add lime mixture to yogurt mixture, beating to combine. Add whipped topping, and beat until mixture is smooth. Spoon mixture into prepared crust. Freeze for 4 hours.
- Garnish with lime zest, if desired. Cover with plastic wrap, and store in freezer for up to 1 week.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/