Nothing will bring your family or friends to the table quite like a basket full of this irresistible starter.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2½ cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 (16-ounce) jar dill pickle chips
- Red Rémoulade (recipe follows), to serve
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Creole mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dill pickle juice (reserved from Fried Pickles)
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning*
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat air fryer to 400°.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together eggs and hot sauce. In a second shallow dish, whisk together flour, salt, and pepper. In a third shallow dish, place bread crumbs.
- Drain pickles well, reserving liquid for Red Rémoulade. Dredge pickles in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Dip in egg mixture, letting excess drip off. Dredge in bread crumbs, shaking off excess. Arrange breaded pickles on a wire rack over a rimmed baking sheet. Liberally spray pickles on both sides with cooking spray.
- Working in batches, arrange pickles in an even layer in air fryer. Cook, turning halfway through, until golden and crispy, about 7 minutes. Serve immediately with Red Rémoulade.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
*We used Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning.