Fried Chicken Wings with Honey-Lime Sauce
Write a review
- ½ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce or to taste
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Dash ground allspice
- 1 dozen chicken wings
- 6 to 8 cups canola oil
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Lime wedges (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine honey, lime juice, hot sauce, 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, and allspice.
- Remove and discard tips from chicken wings.
- In a deep cast-iron skillet, pour enough oil to fill halfway; heat oil over medium-high heat to 350°. Gently add half of wings to hot oil. Cook until golden brown, turning occasionally, 10 minutes for halved wings, 15 minutes for whole wings. Adjust heat if needed to maintain temperature.
- Remove chicken wings from skillet. Drain on paper towels, and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Repeat procedure with remaining wings, salt, and pepper Drizzle with honey mixture. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/