Pick up fried chicken tenders in the prepared foods section on your next grocery run to whip up a new take on a tried-and-true meal.
Fried Chicken Country Captain
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen seasoning blend, thawed
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can crushed tomato
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates or raisins
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 8 fried chicken tenders
- ½ cup toasted sliced almonds
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add seasoning blend and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; add tomato, stock, dates, curry, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Divide cooked rice evenly among 4 bowls. Top each with ½ cup tomato mixture and 2 chicken tenders. Sprinkle each evenly with almonds and parsley. Serve immediately.