Raid your garden (or farmstand) to throw together this summer- fresh field pea salsa.
Fresh Field Pea Salsa
Yield: approximately 12 cups
Write a review
- 2 cups fresh baby lima beans, blanched
- 2 cups fresh lady peas, blanched
- 2 cups fresh pink-eyed peas, blanched
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Tortilla chips, to serve
- In a large bowl, stir together lima beans, peas, tomato, peppers, onion, cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, vinegar, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Cover, and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Serve with tortilla chips.
- To blanch peas and beans, cook in boiling water 2 minutes. Drain, and let cool in an ice water bath.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/