’Tis the season when holiday turkey brings friends and family together. This year, why not try something with a Creole twist? From mashed potatoes and stuffing to green bean casserole and cranberries, your Thanksgiving table can be filled with flavorful dishes jazzed up with a Creole twist.
This is especially true for the meal’s centerpiece—the turkey. Whether you’re roasting, smoking, or deep frying a turkey, Tofurkey, or Turducken, the best bites are seasoned inside and out. It’s as simple as 1, 2, 3! Season the inside of the turkey with one of Tony Chachere’s® injectable marinades, season the outside with one of Tony’s seasonings, and then cook to flavorful perfection. Soon, your family and friends will enjoy mouthwatering bites of juicy and flavorful turkey.
- Put oven rack on the lowest level. Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Make sure turkey is completely thawed.
- Pat the turkey dry with paper towels.
- Remove giblets from turkey.
- Season the turkey inside by injecting it with Tony’s Creole-Style Butter Marinade. Use as much as you would like. Be sure to space out the injection sites so the marinade goes throughout the entire turkey.
- Lightly season the inside of the turkey with Tony’s Original Creole Seasoning.
- Season the turkey outside by gently lifting the skin of the bird up and using your hands to carefully massage Tony’s Original Creole Seasoning under the skin. Then coat the outside skin of the turkey with Tony’s Original Creole Seasoning.
- Place turkey in a roasting pan and put it in the oven.
- Allow turkey to roast for 3-3 ½ hours, or until the meat thermometer reads 165°F when inserted into the thickest part of the breast.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and cover loosely with foil.
- Allow bird to sit for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Tony Chachere’s® Famous Creole Cuisine was founded in 1972 by Tony Chachere. Tony Chachere’s® is still family owned and operated in Opelousas, Louisiana. Employing more than 75 people, the family maintains a tradition of Creole authenticity in its comprehensive line of seasonings, dinner mixes, marinades, and sauces for both pantry and table.