Fig-Glazed Pork and Okra Kabobs
Write a review
- 2⁄3 cup fig preserves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 21⁄4 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 18 small to medium fresh okra, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 (12-inch) wooden skewers, soaked in water at least 30 minutes
- Garnish: salt, ground black pepper
- Spray grill rack with nonstick nonflammable grill spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°).
- In the container of a blender, combine preserves, 2 tablespoons water, and oil. Blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl; stir in mustard and hot sauce.
- Cut pork into bite-size pieces. Thread pork and okra evenly onto skewers. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill skewers until pork is slightly pink in center and okra is lightly browned, approximately 3 minutes per side. Brush one side with fig mixture. Turn skewers, brushed side down; grill 1 minute. Brush remaining side with remaining fig mixture; turn, and grill 1 minute more. Transfer skewers to a serving platter. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Look for small to medium okra pods that are bright green in color.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/