This colorful creation is a summertime staple.
Field Pea Caviar
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- ½ pound dried field peas*, cooked
- 2 cups fresh multicolored corn kernels (about 3 ears)
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped fresh green onion
- ¼ cup seeded and diced jalapeño
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1½ teaspoons lime zest
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Pita chips and sliced cucumbers, to serve
- In a large bowl, combine cooked peas, corn, onion, bell peppers, green onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime zest and juice, oil, and salt. Stir well to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with pita chips and cucumbers.
*We used Camellia Brand.