This Eggnog Bread Pudding will add a perfectly sweet ending to any seasonal supper, especially when topped with whipped cream and bourbon caramel.
Eggnog Bread Pudding
Makes 4 servings
- 3 cups Eggnog
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1¼ teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 8 cups challah, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1¼ cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray an 8-inch square pan with baking spray with flour and line pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together Eggnog, granulated sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla until combined. Fold in bread cubes. Pour into prepared pan, and place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat 1 cup cream with a mixer at medium speed until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add confectioners’ sugar and nutmeg, beating until soft peaks form, about 1 minute. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a small saucepan, bring brown sugar, remaining ¼ cup cream, butter, bourbon, and remaining ¼ teaspoon vanilla to a boil over medium heat; cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat, and let cool slightly.
- Using a 3½-inch round cutter, cut 4 servings from bread pudding. Save scraps for another use. Serve warm sauce over bread pudding and top with whipped cream.