Your brunch plans will be even yummier when you add these Eggnog Biscuits to the menu.
Makes 6 biscuits
- 3¼ cups self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup Eggnog, chilled
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, granulated sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Using a fork or pastry blender, cut cold butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with some pea-size pieces of butter remaining. Add Eggnog, stirring until combined.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to ¾-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch round cutter dipped in flour, cut biscuits from dough and place on prepared pan 2 inches apart.
- Brush tops of biscuits with egg and sprinkle evenly with turbinado sugar. Bake for 8 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes more.