Whether it’s a “nice” version for kids or a “naughty” version for adults, egg nog is the quintessential Christmas beverage.
Egg Nog Recipe
Yield: approximately 8 servings
Write a review
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 8 large egg yolks
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds scraped and reserved
- 1⁄2 cup bourbon (or to taste)
- Garnish: freshly grated nutmeg or ground cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, stir together sugar and egg yolks until well combined. In a large saucepan, combine milk, cream, and reserved vanilla bean seeds. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Whisk half of hot milk mixture into egg yolk mixture. Whisk egg yolk mixture into remaining milk mixture in pan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, approximately 8 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in bourbon. Serve warm or chilled. Garnish with nutmeg or cinnamon, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/