Who doesn’t love a good poke cake? Our Easy Pumpkin-Butterscotch Cake uses a few shortcuts to make the Thanksgiving workload a little lighter.
Christy Jordan's Easy Pumpkin-Butterscotch Cake
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
Write a review
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box package yellow cake mix, such as Pillsbury
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée
- 2 (3.4-ounce) boxes butterscotch instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 tablespoons toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray bottom only of a 13x9-inch baking dish with baking spray with flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, 1 cup water, oil, and eggs at low speed with a mixer until moistened. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Add pumpkin; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, approximately 30 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack 30 minutes.
- Prepare pudding mix according to package directions. Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in cake. Pour pudding over cake; tap pan twice on counter to settle pudding. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, approximately 6 hours. Spread whipped topping over cake. Sprinkle with toffee bits.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/