There’s nothing better than a recipe that lets the perfection of in-season tomatoes from your garden or farmers’ market truly shine.
Easy Fresh Tomato Pie
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- ½ (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 (5.2-ounce) package spreadable garlic and herbs cheese, room temperature*
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 pound assorted heirloom and cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ¼ cup torn fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry sheet to a 12×10-inch rectangle. Using a fork, gently pierce pastry sheet 1 inch from edges and all over center. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake until puffed and edges are golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cheeses. Spread evenly in center of crust within 1 inch of edge.
- Arrange sliced tomatoes on top of cheese in a single layer, slightly overlapping. Sprinkle with pepper, salt, basil. Serve immediately.
*We used Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs.