No mixer required for these decadent Chocolate-Butterscotch bars—just stir and bake.
Easy Chocolate-Butterscotch Bars
Yield: approximately 6 servings
Write a review
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup butterscotch morsels
- 2⁄3 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2⁄3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil, allowing edges to extend over sides of pan. Spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt. Drizzle with melted butter; stir until crumbly. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Sprinkle with butterscotch, chocolate, and coconut.
- Bake until lightly browned, 15 to 17 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack until set, approximately 6 hours. Lift from pan using edges of foil as handles. Cut into bars.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/