Rich chocolate and smooth caramel in a flaky piecrust. Topped with whipped cream and crushed toffee.
Easy Chocolate And Caramel Pie
Yield: 1 (9-inch) pie
Write a review
- 1⁄2 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts (1 sheet)
- 2 (12-ounce) jars prepared caramel topping
- 2 large eggs
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 2⁄3 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with piecrust. Fold edges under and crimp, if desired. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine caramel topping and eggs, whisking until smooth. Pour into prepared piecrust.
- Bake until set (see note), approximately 45 minutes. Remove from oven. Let cool for 20 minutes. Refrigerate uncovered for 1 hour.
- Place chocolate in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1⁄3 cup cream, 1⁄4 cup sugar, and butter.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Pour hot cream mixture over chocolate, whisking until smooth. Pour chocolate mixture over caramel layer in piecrust. Refrigerate uncovered for 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining 1 1⁄3 cups cream and remaining 1⁄4 cup sugar. Beat at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until medium peaks form.
- Top pie with whipped cream; sprinkle with toffee bits. Store, covered, in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Note: Mixture is set when a small area in the middle of pie jiggles when gently shaken.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/