These Double-Decker BLTs are perfect for summer.
Yields: 4 sandwiches
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 8 slices tomato
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- 8 small romaine lettuce leaves
- 8 slices cooked thick-cut peppered bacon, cut in half
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, basil, and zest.
- Place tomato slices on a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread basil mayonnaise on one bread slice. Top with 2 lettuce leaves, 1 tomato slice, and 2 pieces bacon. Cover with another bread