Spread with zesty, herbaceous mayo, these Double-Decker BLTs are perfect for summer.
Yields: 4 sandwiches
- ½ cup mayonnaise*
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 8 slices tomato
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- 8 small romaine lettuce leaves
- 8 slices cooked thick-cut peppered bacon, cut in half
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, basil, and zest.
- Place tomato slices on a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread basil mayonnaise on one bread slice. Top with 2 lettuce leaves, 1 tomato slice, and 2 pieces bacon. Cover with another bread slice, and spread with basil mayonnaise. Top with a tomato slice, 2 pieces bacon, and another bread slice. Build additional sandwiches with remaining bread, basil mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, and bacon.
*We used Blue Plate Mayonnaise.