The crisp ramen noodles are the perfect crunchy topping for this Dill Cabbage Salad.
Dill Cabbage Salad
Makes 6 servings
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 cup plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup lightly packed finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups thinly sliced savoy cabbage
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (3-ounce) package ramen noodles
- Garnish: chopped fresh dill, ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until browned and crispy. Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Reserve 2 tablespoons drippings in a medium bowl.
- Add yogurt, vinegar, dill, garlic, salt, and black pepper to reserved drippings in bowl, whisking to combine.
- In a large bowl, toss together cabbage, peas, bell pepper, and bacon. Add yogurt mixture, tossing to coat. Chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Break up noodles and save seasoning packet for another use. Spread noodles on a baking sheet. Bake noodles until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Let cool.
- Sprinkle salad with noodles just before serving. Garnish with dill and black pepper, if desired.