Baking for a special occasion? These made-from-scratch Devil’s Food Cupcakes won’t disappoint.
Devil's Food Cupcake Recipe
Yield: Approximately 28 Cupcakes
Write a review
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 28 muffin cups with paper liners. Set aside.
- For cupcakes: In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy, stopping occasionally to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture to butter mixture in thirds, alternating with 1 1⁄3 cups water, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Add vanilla and vinegar, beating to combine. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups, filling each approximately two-thirds full.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, approximately 14 minutes. Let cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
- For frosting: In a medium bowl, place chocolate and corn syrup. In a small saucepan, add cream. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Pour cream over chocolate mixture; let stand 2 minutes. Whisk until smooth. Spread approximately 1 tablespoon frosting over each cupcake. Let stand until frosting is set, approximately 30 minutes.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/