Deviled eggs are always the star of any proper Southern gathering, and folks will love this recipe with bacon and pepper jelly.
Deviled Eggs with Pepper Jelly and Bacon
Yield: 1 dozen
Write a review
- 6 large hard-cooked eggs, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons pepper jelly, divided
- 1 teaspoon barbecue sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- Garnish: chives
- In a medium bowl, add yolks. Mash with a fork; stir in mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon pepper jelly, barbecue sauce, and salt until smooth.
- Spoon filling into egg whites. Top each with approximately 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper jelly. Garnish with bacon and chive, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Deviled eggs taste best the day they’re made, but follow these steps to work ahead.
- 1. Hard cook the eggs a day in advance. Store in the refrigerator.
- 2. The night before serving, peel the eggs. Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to assemble.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/