We turned our favorite starter into the ultimate weekend breakfast treat.
Deviled Egg Breakfast Bake
Yields: 8-10 servings
- 8 slices bacon, divided
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced (about 1 cup)
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons sliced green onion, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 6 large eggs, hard-cooked, peeled, and halved lengthwise
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 (30-ounce) package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Garnish: paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon, and let drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Let bacon cool; chop, and set aside.
- Add bell pepper to skillet; cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add ¾ cup green onion; cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat; add cream cheese, stirring until melted.
- Separate cooked egg whites and yolks. Chop egg whites; set aside. In a medium bowl, mash egg yolks with a fork. Add sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, and paprika, stirring to combine.
- In a large bowl, stir together three-fourths of chopped bacon, bell pepper mixture, egg yolk mixture, hash browns, and 1 cup cheese. Spoon mixture into prepared dish. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake until hot and bubbly, 25 to 30 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped egg whites, remaining chopped bacon, and remaining 2 tablespoons green onion. Garnish with paprika, if desired. Serve immediately.