Bring a taste of Miami to the table with this flavor-packed recipe.
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- 1 loaf Cuban bread, cut into 5-inch pieces and split lengthwise
- 1 pound sliced Swiss cheese
- 2 cups Roasted Pork (recipe follows)
- 1 pound sliced deli ham 12 sliced dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 (6- to 8-pound) pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Spread mustard on cut sides of each bread loaf. Layer cheese, Roasted Pork, ham, and pickles evenly on each loaf.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Place sandwiches in skillet and top with a second skillet to press flat. Cook, turning halfway through, until golden brown and cheese is melted, about 6 minutes per side. Slice each sandwich in half.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly spray a 13×9-inch dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange onion and garlic in prepared pan.
- Rub pork with salt, cumin, and pepper. Place on top of onions and garlic.
- Bake until golden and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°, about 2 hours and 30 minutes. Let rest for 30 minutes before slicing.