Crushed New Potatoes with Basil
Write a review
- 1 pound new potatoes
- ½ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: fresh basil
- In a large saucepan, place potatoes, and cover with water. Cook over high heat until potatoes are fork tender, 15 to 20 minutes; drain. Add cheese, olive oil, basil, chives, salt, and pepper. Using a wooden spoon, crush each potato until it splits. Serve immediately. Garnish with basil, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/
I made this last night. (I did not make any changes.) It was wonderful!!! I love basil, and that just gave these potatoes a yummy flavor. Plus, this recipe was easy to make. Yes, it is a keeper!