Crushed raw ramen noodles add delicious crunch and extra savory flavor to this barbecue-topped salad.
Crunchy Peanut and Pork Salad
Makes 4 to 6 Servings
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic-chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (3-ounce) package chicken flavor ramen noodle soup
- 1 (16-ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onion
- ½ large red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 pound shredded smoked pork
- ½ cup salted cocktail peanuts, roughly chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, fish sauce, peanut butter, lime juice, sugar, garlic-chili sauce, ginger paste, and salt until well combined. Slowly whisk in canola oil in a steady stream. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- Place ramen noodles and seasoning packet in a resealable plastic bag and seal. Break noodles by tapping with a rolling pin until noodles are in bite-size pieces. Measure 1 cup; reserve remaining noodles for another use.
- In a large bowl, toss together coleslaw mix, green onion, and bell pepper. Add dressing and toss to coat. Toss in 1 cup crushed ramen noodles just before serving. Transfer salad to serving platter and place pork on top. Sprinkle with peanuts.