Crispy Root Vegetable Roast
Makes 6 servings
Write a review
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and divided
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 rutabaga, peeled
- 1 turnip, peeled
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: fresh thyme sprigs
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, add 2 tablespoons melted butter, swirling to coat bottom.
- Using a knife or mandoline, slice potatoes, rutabaga, and turnip into 1/8-inch-thick rounds. Keeping sliced vegetables together by type, place in skillet. Tuck in garlic among sliced vegetables. Brush vegetables with remaining 3 tablespoons butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake until vegetables are tender and golden brown, approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes. Garnish with thyme, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/