Bring a bounty of flavor to the potluck spread with this hearty salad.
Creamy Potato Salad
Makes 8 Cups
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ¾ cup chopped baby dill pickles
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 4 large eggs, hard-cooked and chopped, plus more for garnish
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: chopped hard-cooked egg, chopped fresh parsley
- In a large stockpot, bring potatoes, 2 tablespoons salt, and water to cover to a boil over medium-high heat. Decrease heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are just tender, 15 minutes. Drain potatoes and let cool completely. Cut potatoes into ½-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss together cooled potatoes, celery, pickles, red onion, and eggs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, vinegar, parsley, dill, pepper, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Add mayonnaise mixture to potato mixture, gently tossing until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with egg and parsley, if desired.