Crushed Oreo cookies yield the perfect crust for this quick stir-together pie.
Creamy Chocolate Icebox Pie
Yields: 1 (9-inch) pie
- 2 cups crushed chocolate sandwich cookies, such as Oreos
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 (3.9-ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole buttermilk
- Garnish: whipped topping, cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- For crust: In a medium bowl, stir together crushed cookies and melted butter. Using the bottom of a measuring cup, press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake until set, approximately 4 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool.
- For filling: In a small bowl, microwave cream until very hot, approximately 1 minute. Add chocolate morsels, stirring until smooth. Pour chocolate mixture into bottom of prepared crust. Refrigerate until firm, approximately 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pudding mix and buttermilk until smooth. Spoon pudding into crust, smoothing top with an offset spatula. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on surface of filling. Refrigerate until firm, approximately 3 hours.
- Spread with whipped topping; garnish with cocoa, if desired.
Find more great recipes like this one in Taste of the South’s May/June 2017 issue!