With buttery crusts and a creamy, veggie-packed filling, these hand pies are an irresistible all-in-one meal.
Creamy Chicken Hand Pies
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ teaspoon chicken bouillon paste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- ¼ cup finely chopped carrot
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onion
- 4 ounces cooked chicken, shredded and chopped
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, bouillon paste, pepper, garlic, thyme, and oregano with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add carrot, celery, green onion; beat until combined. Fold in chicken.
- Unroll piecrusts. Using a 4½-inch round cutter, cut 8 circles. Brush borders of each pastry circle with egg. Spoon 1½ tablespoons chicken mixture onto center of each circle. Fold dough over filling, crimping edges with a fork dipped in flour to seal. Place hand pies on prepared pan. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Brush with remaining egg; lightly sprinkle with pepper. Using a sharp knife, cut 3 small slits in center of each hand pie.
- Bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm.