Write a review
- 5 large ears fresh corn
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cut kernels from corn into a bowl (about 4½ cups kernels). Using the dull side of a knife, scrape milk and pulp from cobs into bowl. In a blender, purée 1 cup corn kernels and milk.
- In a 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and remaining 3½ cups corn to pan; cook until onion begins to soften, approximately 7 minutes. Add puréed corn mixture to skillet; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add cornstarch, thyme, salt, and pepper to corn mixture; stir well. Simmer, stirring frequently, until thickened, approximately 5 minutes.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/