We love creamed corn, but Creamed Corn Fritters? Say no more! These yummy bites are ideal for your next shindig. Add some pepper jelly and you’ve got a perfect snack everyone will enjoy!
Creamed Corn Fritters
Write a review
- 1 (14.75-ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can whole corn kernels, drained
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1½ teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- Canola or peanut oil for frying
- Pepper jelly, such as Sweet Melissa’s Jalapeño Dippin' Sauce, optional
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together creamed corn, corn kernels, ¼ cup flour, and ½ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Scoop mixture into small mounds, approximately 1 tablespoon each, onto prepared baking sheet. Freeze until firm, approximately 1 hour.
- Place cornmeal in a small bowl. In another small bowl, combine remaining 1 cup flour, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, remaining ½ teaspoon pepper, sugar, and red pepper. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk and egg.
- In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, pour oil to a depth of 3 inches, and heat over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350°.
- Dredge each frozen corn nugget first in flour mixture, then milk mixture, then cornmeal. Drop into hot oil, and fry until golden brown, approximately 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Serve with pepper jelly, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/