A creamy filling, crispy topping, and an ooey, gooey drizzle of cane syrup make these easy-bake bars a crowd favorite.
Cream Cheese Oat Bars
Makes about 20
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups chopped roasted salted cashews
- 1¾ cups sugar, divided
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups prepared apple butter
- Garnish: Cane Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, oats, cashews, 1 cup sugar, and baking soda. Add melted butter, stirring until well combined. Reserve 1½ cups mixture for topping. Using the bottom of a measuring cup, press remaining mixture into bottom of prepared dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining ¾ cup sugar with a mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add lemon juice and vanilla, beating to combine.
- Spread apple butter onto prepared crust. Spread cream cheese mixture over apple butter. Sprinkle with reserved 1½ cups oat mixture.
- Bake until cream cheese layer is set, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool completely.