You’ll be proud to serve this beautiful cake as your Easter Sunday supper dessert or at any springtime celebration.
Cream Cheese Carrot Cake
Makes 1 (15-Cup) Tube Cake
- 1⅓ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened and divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups grated carrot (about 3 large)
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 3 cups self-rising flour*
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Garnish: chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and 1 package cream cheese with a mixer at medium speed until creamy, 1 to 2 minutes. Add sugars; beat until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add carrot and vanilla, beating until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, pie spice, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until combined.
- Spray a 15-cup tube pan with baking spray with flour. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Tap pan on counter several times to release any air bubbles and spread batter evenly.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together confectioner’s sugar, milk, orange zest and juice, and remaining 1 package cream cheese until smooth. Spoon glaze over cooled cake. Garnish with pecans, if desired.
*We used White Lily