Yield: 4 servings
Write a review
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound frozen cooked Louisiana crawfish tail meat, thawed
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄2 (17.3-ounce) package puff pastry (1 sheet), thawed
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add bell pepper, celery, and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables begin to soften, 4 to 5 minutes. Add flour, stirring to remove any lumps. Cook, stirring constantly, until vegetable mixture begins to thicken and flour turns light brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add broth and crawfish, stirring well to remove any lumps. Add Cajun seasoning and garlic salt, stirring well. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, 5 to 6 minutes. Spoon crawfish mixture into 4 (1-cup) ramekins. Place ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry to 1⁄4 inch thickness. Cut pastry into 4 (5-inch) squares. Place a square on top of each ramekin.
- Bake until golden brown, 8 to 12 minutes.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/