These Cranberry-Glazed Turkey Breasts will make for a memorable meal.
Cranberry-Glazed Turkey Breasts
Makes 2 servings
- 6 cups water
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 black tea bags*
- 2 (3-pound) skin-on boneless turkey breasts
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup red wine
- 1 (8-ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: fresh cranberries, fresh rosemary
- In a large saucepan, bring 6 cups water, smashed garlic, ginger, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons salt, black peppercorns, and red pepper to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat. Add tea bags. Let cool completely.
- Submerge turkey breasts in cooled brine. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallot and minced garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in red wine and cranberry sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer; cook, stirring frequently, until thickened and reduced to about 1 cup, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Remove turkey from brine and pat dry. Rub turkey evenly with olive oil and sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon salt and ground black pepper. Place in a 13×9-inch baking dish. Spoon cranberry sauce mixture over turkey breasts.
- Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest portion registers 165°, 45 to 50 minutes. Garnish with cranberries and rosemary, if desired.
*We used Luzianne Tea.