Give your leftover cornbread dressing a makeover with these Dressing Cakes with Spicy Cranberry Sauce from our reader Paula Knott in Springville, Alabama. “These are great as a side dish, but sometimes we add leftover turkey to the cakes and serve them over salad greens for a simple supper.” — Paula Knott
Kitchen Tip: Since everyone’s dressing is different, adjust the amount of egg to make sure your cakes hold together, but aren’t too moist.
- 4 cups leftover cornbread dressing
- 3 to 4 large eggs, lightly beaten (see Kitchen Tip)
- In a large bowl, stir together dressing and eggs until well combined. With wet hands and using a ¼ cup measure, form mixture into patties.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat; spray with nonstick cooking spray. Working in batches, add patties to pan. Cook until golden brown and heated through, approximately 4 minutes per side. Serve warm with Spicy Cranberry Sauce.
- 1 (14-ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- ⅓ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- In a medium saucepan, bring cranberry sauce, orange zest and juice, vinegar, salt, pepper, and chile powder to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until sauce has thickened, approximately 10 minutes.