For an even faster meal fix, make your brown rice ahead of time, then reheat and add spinach when you’re ready for dinner.
Coriander Catfish and Vegetable Brown Rice
Yields: 4 servings
- ¼ cup salted butter
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium leeks, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups long-grain brown rice
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (5-ounce) bag fresh baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (4- to 6-ounce) catfish fillets
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add carrot and leek; cook for 4 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently. Add rice; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add broth; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and cook until rice is just tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in spinach. Cover and keep warm until ready to serve.
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Sprinkle fish with coriander and salt. Add fish to skillet; cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve over rice with lemon wedges. Garnish with parsley, if desired.