Community® Coffee French Toast
Makes 12 servings
Write a review
- 6 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup brewed Community® coffee French Vanilla
- 1 loaf challah bread, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 3 ounces Community® coffee French Vanilla grounds
- 1 cup maple syrup
- Garnish: fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, egg yolks, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg, mixing until well combined. Add milk and brewed coffee, stirring until just combined.
- Spray a large skillet or griddle with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat.
- Dip slices of challah bread into mixture until just coated, and place in prepared pan. Cook until bottom is golden brown; flip, and cook until other side is golden brown and toast is semi-firm to the touch in the center. (Spray skillet or griddle with cooking spray between batches.)
- Place coffee grounds on a piece of cheesecloth, and tie with kitchen twine to create a sachet. Place sachet in a microwave-safe bowl with maple syrup. Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes; discard sachet.
- Drizzle toast with coffee-infused maple syrup. Garnish with strawberries, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/