It may seem odd to top a hot dog with fruit, but trust us, it’s delicious!
Colombian-Style Hot Dog
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 (4-ounce) links spicy smoked sausage, halved lengthwise
- Hot dog buns, shredded whole milk mozzarella, pineapple chunks, shoestring potatoes, mustard, and Special Sauce (recipe follows), to serve
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mango hot sauce*
- 1 tablespoon garlic-chili sauce*
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Cook sausage, working in batches, until skin is brown and crispy and sausages are heated through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve on buns and top with mozzarella, pineapple, and shoestring potatoes. Drizzle with mustard and Special Sauce.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for up to 7 days.
*We used Pickapeppa Sauce and Huy Fong Foods Chili Garlic Sauce.