Sealed inside a sturdy collard greens leaf, this snapper gently steams to create a tender and flavorful meal. The French call this method en papillote. We call it simply perfect.
Collard-Wrapped Snapper with Roasted Tomatoes and Okra
Yields: 4 servings
- 4 large collard greens leaves, stems removed
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 (4-ounce) snapper fillets
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 16 fresh okra pods, halved lengthwise
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ½ medium sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- White balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place collard leaves rib-side down on a work surface. Place one rosemary sprig and one thyme sprig in center of each leaf. Sprinkle fish with ½ teaspoon salt and red pepper. Place 1 fillet, skin side up, in center of each leaf. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil. Fold leaves around each fillet to form a packet. Place each packet, seam side down, on one side of a jelly roll pan.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, okra, garlic, onion, chopped thyme, and black pepper. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and remaining ½ teaspoon salt; toss well. Place on other side of pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Transfer fish packets to a serving plate. Cut open collard leaves. Serve with roasted vegetables. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.