Fresh radishes provide a little extra kick to this taste-bud satisfying, nutrient-rich slaw.
Collard Green Slaw Recipe
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 1 bunch collard greens, stems removed and shredded (about 8 cups)
- 1 cup thinly sliced radish
- 1⁄2 cup matchstick carrot
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons celery seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine greens, radish, carrot, and shallot. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, stir together vinegar, sugar, canola oil, celery seeds, salt, mustard, and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat. Pour over collard mixture, stirring to combine. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. Store, covered, in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/