Take a moment to enjoy this tasty tropical treat. Cool and soothing, this Coconut-Lime Ice Cream Cake is perfect for a hot day.
Coconut-Lime Ice Cream Cake
Write a review
- 1 (11.2-ounce) package shortbread cookies, such as Keebler Sandies
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 6 tablespoons cream of coconut, such as Coco Lopez
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- Garnish: lime slices
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse cookies into coarse crumbs. In a medium bowl, stir together cookie crumbs and melted butter. Using the bottom of a measuring cup, press mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together ice cream, coconut, cream of coconut, and zest until combined. Spoon ice cream mixture into prepared pan, smoothing top with an offset spatula. Wrap pan tightly with plastic wrap. Freeze overnight or up to 3 weeks.
- To serve, remove cake from pan, and cut into wedges. Garnish with lime, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/