Thanks to fresh lemon and coconut, these breakfast-worthy muffins are a delightful combination of zesty and sweet.
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup prepared lemon curd
- ⅔ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1½ cups sweetened flaked coconut, divided
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- Garnish: lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 cups flour, ½ cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together coconut milk, lemon curd, oil, eggs, and zest. Add coconut milk mixture to flour mixture, whisking until combined. Stir in 1 cup coconut. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, stir together remaining ½ cup flour, remaining ½ cup sugar, remaining ½ cup coconut. Add melted butter, and stir until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle topping over batter.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 20 to 23 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Sprinkle with zest, if desired.