This colorful Coconut-Curry Veggies and Chicken Thighs recipe is sure to brighten up your weeknight supper rotation.
Coconut-Curry Veggies and Chicken Thighs
Makes 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons peeled grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 6 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 pound parsnips, sliced into ½-inch diagonal slices
- ½ pound carrots, sliced into ½-inch diagonal slices
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Hot cooked jasmine rice, to serve
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro, lime wedges
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ginger, garlic, brown sugar, lime juice, and coconut milk.
- In a large bowl, stir together half of coconut milk mixture, 2 tablespoons oil, and ½ teaspoon salt. Add chicken, tossing to completely coat. Refrigerate chicken mixture for at least 2 hours.
- In a 10-inch enameled cast-iron skillet, toss together parsnip, carrot, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Place chicken over vegetables in skillet. Cover with remaining half of coconut milk mixture.
- Bake until vegetables are tender and an instant-read thermometer inserted in chicken registers 165°, 45 to 50 minutes, covering with foil for last 15 minutes of cooking. Remove chicken and vegetables with a slotted spoon; set aside and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon cold water. Add to same skillet; bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add vegetables. Top with chicken. Serve over rice. Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges, if desired.