Coconut Cake Cheesecake
Write a review
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1¼ cups sweetened flaked coconut
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, coconut, and butter. Press evenly into the bottom and up the sides of an (8-inch) springform pan. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar, beating at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add sour cream, lime juice, and vanilla, beating until well combined. Pour into prepared crust. Wrap aluminum foil tightly around bottom of springform pan.
- Place springform pan in a large roasting pan. Add boiling water to roasting pan to a depth halfway up sides of springform pan.
- Bake until center of cheesecake is set but jiggles slightly in the middle, approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. Carefully remove cheesecake from roasting pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate overnight.
- In a small bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, coconut milk, coconut, and vanilla. Top cheesecake with mixture. Serve immediately.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/