Coconut Berry Tart
Write a review
- 3 cups finely crumbled shortbread cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk, divided
- 1 (¼-ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1¼ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine shortbread crumbs, melted butter, and ¼ cup sugar, stirring well. Add coconut, stirring to combine. Press firmly into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch round tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine ½ cup coconut milk and gelatin. Let sit for 10 minutes to bloom.
- In a large saucepan, combine remaining coconut milk and remaining ¼ cup sugar. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Add gelatin mixture to hot coconut milk. Cook, whisking well, until gelatin has dissolved, 3 to 4 minutes. Let cool to room temperature (approximately 30 minutes). Cover, and refrigerate until thick, but not set (approximately 45 minutes). If mixture does begin to set, whisk until smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat cream at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold into cooled coconut mixture. Cover tightly, and refrigerate until set.
- Spoon whipped-cream mixture into prepared crust. Top with berries just before serving
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/