Classic Refrigerator Pickles
Yield: 2 (1-quart) jars
Write a review
- 3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon dill seed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 pounds small cucumbers, ends trimmed, sliced as desired (see Kitchen Tip)
- 4 sprigs fresh dill
- Bring 3 cups water, vinegar, salt, garlic, mustard seeds, dill seed, sugar, and peppercorns to a boil. Remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature.
- Divide cucumber and dill evenly between jars; add cooled vinegar mixture to cover. Seal jars, and let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate 24 hours or up to 1 month.
- Kitchen Tip: Slice the cucumbers into your preferred pickle shape—halves, quarters, or chips.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/